SCHOOL READINESS PRESCHOOL PROGRAM
Is your child going to ‘big school’ next year?
Or are you looking for an inspiring preschool to give your child a head-start?
Whether your child is in preschool, day care or at home, transitioning to Kindergarten can be a challenging time for you and your child. Chances are, your little one has already begun the transition to Kindergarten. Our School Readiness Program offered at Bondi Junction NSW is designed to support, consolidate and extend this learning to ensure your child starts Kindergarten happy and confident.
Your child will be taught by an experienced Early Childhood and Primary Teacher. They will ensure your child has achieved all the early learning outcomes, before focusing on the foundational literacy and numeracy skills that will be taught in Kindergarten.
LEARNING IN ACTION
The Early Years is a crucial period involving fast brain development where children aged 3-5 years acquire more abilities and understanding compared to any other period of their lives. At Discover Learning, a trusted early childhood learning centre, your child will extend their preschool learning through a range of stimuli, investigations, collaborative education and connections with others.
Early childhood age is a crucial period involving fast brain development and children at 3-5 years age acquire more abilities and understanding compared to any other period of their lives. At Discover Learning, a trusted early childhood learning center, your child will extend their preschool learning beyond the classroom, through a range of stimuli, investigations, collaborative education, and connections with others.
OUR SCHOOL READINESS PROGRAM CONSISTS OF 3 LEVELS:
• Initial letter sounds
• Enjoy listening to and recounting stories
• Understand the relationship between numbers and objects
• Recognise and identify numbers 1-10
• Hold crayon with fingers and begin to develop fine motor skills
• Use scissors with safety and control
• Segment and blend Phase 2 CVC words (consonant-vowel-consonant e.g. can)
• Learn to form letters correctly
• Begin to read magic words and read Level 1-3 books
• Recognise and identify numbers 1-20
• Identify ‘Friends of 10’ using numicon
• Develop correct pincer grip
• Segment and blend Phase 3 words, introducing – digraphs (ee), trigraphs (igh), split digraphs (a-e)
• Use letter sounds to write CVC words Sequence and retell story events using picture cards
• Add two numbers using numicon
• Count backwards from a given number between 0-20
• Create patterns using physical objects
“An early focus on literacy and numeracy makes sure that your child has an essential head start in life. Discover Learning has highly qualified staff that assess your child’s needs and develop an individual learning plan. They provide excellent feedback and continually review the plan based on your child’s development. I noted immediate improvement in my son’s abilities and confidence, but most importantly he loves going to the classes because they make learning fun.”